12 October 2014

Review: Rimmel London Velvet Matte Nail Polishes


When I first saw these nail polishes I was instantly curious to try them for myself.

In this new Velvet Matte collection by Rimmel London there are five shades: Matte-itude (black), which I have on in the photo below underneath a rose gold polish, Velvet Touch (grey), Midnight Kiss (blue), Purple Opulence (purple) and Sumptuous Red (Burgundy) which I have on in the last photo. The colors are dark and autumnal. I personally think there is missing a dark green shade in this collection, but maybe that’s just me. They are affordable and available in most drugstores. The price is around £ 4.50 ($ 7.2). The brush is thick which makes the polish glide easily onto the nail. The formula is a good consistency, not too thick and not too thin. Two coats will do the job, for the black one I only used one coat. The nail polish does not have a long lasting power. It started to chip on me already on day two, as you can see in the photo below, which was disappointing. But I still give them a tumbles up, because of the matte effect. They are definitely worth trying out!


I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. Thanks for reading! Which one of these color is you favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment